Join Our Team
Housekeeper at Gordon Castle Estate
Gordon Castle Estate is looking for an experienced housekeeper to join their friendly housekeeping team in looking after an exclusive-use castle and self-catering holiday cottages. This is an exciting opportunity for a reliable, hard-working, and self-motivated individual with good organisational and communication skills. You will be involved in all domestic aspects associated with running castle and cottage accommodation for visiting guests. The ideal candidate will have meticulous attention to detail, with high standards of workmanship and will have ideally had a minimum of 3 years’ experience, although full training will be given. This role will report directly to the Head Housekeeper. Please send your CV to Jane Tulloch - email@example.com
Duties will include:
- Cleaning, sanitising and undertaking ‘change-overs’ in castle, cottages, additional buildings and surrounding areas, to include vacuuming, cleaning kitchens and bathrooms, making beds, dusting and guest preparation
- Room preparation and housekeeping for resident guests and assisting with guest requirements
- Laundering of towels, napkins etc
- Occasional kitchen duties, i.e. clearing dishes, loading dishwasher
- Reporting any repair or maintenance issues
- Any other jobs necessary in maintaining the high standards of the accommodation
This is a full-time role, but part-time hours will be considered for the right candidate. The requirement is for up to 40 hours per week (including one hour lunch break), from Sunday to Thursday during the summer season, and Monday to Friday at other times.
Driving license preferable.
Gardener at Gordon Castle Estate
Gordon Castle Estate is looking for an experienced gardener to join their friendly team. Please send your CV to Toby Christie - firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties will include:
- Maintaining Gordon Castle Gardens (6 acres)
- Maintaining the gardens at the holiday cottages x 3
- In charge of lawn maintenance, grass cutting, weed control and leaf raking.
- Planting new trees, flowers and various plants.
- Driving the quad bike, mowers and garden machinery etc.
- Maintenance (and watering) of plant tubs and baskets.
- Making sure that all garden equipment is correctly maintained and serviced.
- Clearing rubbish and litter away from the garden and grounds.
- Taking cuttings and the propagation of plants.
- Assist in laying down paving and creating new walk ways where necessary.
- Pruning shrubs and trees.
- Controlling mole and aphid problems.
- Pesticide application.
- Fertiliser/nutrient application where necessary.
- Assisting in other estate tasks as required.
Part or Full time.
Protective clothing and gardening equipment supplied.
Salary from £20,000.00
A couple that includes an experienced housekeeper and an experienced gardener would be considered if suitable.
Volunteer at The Walled Garden
We love to get our volunteers involved with as wide a range of jobs in the garden as possible. You can expect to do everything from weeding, seed sowing and planting out to harvesting, cutting, arranging and drying flowers and decorating the café and shop. We’re always happy to teach volunteers about what we are doing so no previous gardening experience is necessary. We take volunteers Monday to Friday from 10am-4pm and are very flexible as to when and how long you would want to work. We also offer a free friends of the Walled Garden membership, a bowl of soup for lunch and free garden produce depending on what is available to all our volunteers.
If you would like to volunteer in the garden, we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV and details to email@example.com. You can also check out our Volunteer Week blog post for further information.
We do not currently have any other vacancies but are always looking for bright sparks who could benefit our team! If you would like us to keep your details on file please email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.