AS THE COVID LOCKDOWN EASES, WE CAN:
- From July 16 The Café will be open from 11.00am to 4.00pm 7 days a week. At present we are unable to offer our usual table booking service.
- From July 20 we are able to accept bookings for afternoon tea with indoor seating between 2pm to 4pm 7 days per week. This MUST be booked a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
- Allow you to walk around the garden in a socially distanced manner. Continue to sell plants, produce and flowers from the garden. The play area is open.
- Operate the shop within the Cafe while observing social distancing.
- Open up the river. The river has been open for locals and from the 3rd July will be open for all comers.
- Open up our holiday cottages. We are taking bookings from the 3rd of July.
- We are hoping to have a season of outdoor films in the Castle Garden later in the summer
Once normal opening hours resume...
Our garden and children's play area is open daily from 10am until 4pm. Please note we do charge an entry fee for the garden and the children’s play area. This is to help us with our ongoing restoration project to restore one of Britain’s largest and oldest Walled Gardens. Read about our journey here.
Garden entry | £3.00 (Nov - March) and £6 (April - October) - children under 16 are free.
Children's play entry | £2.00 (Nov- March) £3.00 (April - Oct) entry per child (free up to 12 months) – supervising adults free
Dogs are welcome as long as they are well-behaved and kept on leads!
You can download a free audio tour of the garden from Candide to your mobile phone. This app is available to all and included in garden entry. Guided tours must be booked in advance and are available for groups of 10 or more at no extra cost. Please contact Ed our Head Gardener at email@example.com to book a guided tour.
Click here for our latest menu. Telephone booking is advisable for lunch and booking is essential for afternoon tea. Call us on 01343 612317. For more information about special events please see our What’s On section. Please note we are dog friendly if you wish to dine alfresco or visit the gardens but we do not allow dogs inside the cafe itself.
The main entrance to Gordon Castle Walled Garden is situated at the western end of the village of Fochabers on the A96, approximately nine miles east of Elgin and twelve miles west of Keith. Coming from Elgin, once you pass Baxters take the next right at the roundabout then first left through the castle arches. From Keith, take the first exit at the roundabout into Fochabers and follow through the village until you see the arches on your right hand side. From Perth, take the north bound A9 to Aviemore, then follow A95, A941 and A96 to Fochabers. Our address is Gordon Castle Walled Garden, Fochabers, Moray IV32 7PQ.
*Top tip - being in the Scottish Highlands postcodes tend to cover a large radius so please don't rely on your SatNav to get you here! If you get lost or aren't sure don't worry, just call us on 01343 612317 and we will do our best to help.
Once in the castle grounds follow the signs for Gordon Castle Walled Garden unless you are a castle or cottage guest in which case follow your checking-in instructions that have been sent to you.