28 June 2020:
AS THE COVID LOCKDOWN EASES, WE CAN:
- Open our Café 11.00am to 4.00pm, Thursday to Monday. We currently only offer a takeaway service but from 6th July we should be able to offer outdoor seating, and from the 15th, indoor seating as well.
- Allow you to walk around the garden in a socially distanced manner. Continue to sell plants, produce and flowers from the garden. The play area is open.
- Operate the shop within the Cafe while observing social distancing.
- Open up the river. The river has been open for locals and from the 3rd July will be open for all comers.
- Open up our holiday cottages. We are taking bookings from the 3rd of July.
- We are hoping to have a season of outdoor films in the Castle Garden later in the summer.
It seems the whole world has been turned upside down this spring, but outside nature carries on as normal, the birds are singing, the grass is growing and the first green shoots of spring are beginning to appear. It’s hard to resist listening to the radio or continually checking my phone for the latest news … Read More
Liz Ashworth, author of our Walled Garden Recipe Book, has written some spring recipes using season produce currently in the garden. We hope you enjoy and if you make any of the recipes please share your pictures with us. “The garden looks bare just now, inert perhaps, but underground things it is a different story. … Read More
APPLE + CINNAMON PANCAKES Taken from our Walled Garden recipe book (available for £5) written by Liz Ashworth This recipe was inspired by German friend Gisela’s Mutti when I went on a visit to Munster many years ago. Makes 8 to 10 pancakes 115g (4oz) self raising flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 level teaspoon … Read More